Co-curricular activities are activities that take place outside the classroom but reinforce or supplement classroom curriculum in some way. They are ungraded and do not offer any form of academic credit, but they do provide complementary learning of some form.
NDA, Gorakhpur provides co- curricular activities to students to make them learn the importance of time- management and to set their priorities, so as not to become overwhelmed.
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES IN NDA, GORAKHPUR ARE FACILITATED TO
• Allow students to explore strengths and talents outside of academics
• To help students develop stronger time-management and organizational skills
• Teach the importance of following through on commitments
• Give students the opportunity to build friendships and participate in group activities
• Help build confidence and self-esteem
• Provide a way to keep students supervised outside of school hours
• Channeling their energies in positive directions rather than toward drug abuse or crime
CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES UNDER HOUSE SYSTEM IN SCHOOL
The house system forms the basis of all competitions in the school. It promotes team spirit, group loyalty and healthy competition. The School is divided into four houses - Red, Blue, Green, Yellow. Properly structured, group projects can reinforce skills that are relevant to both group and individual work .They can help students develop skills specific to collaborative efforts. Friday & Saturday Activities are planned on weekly basis for the holistic development of students.